Loading some great jobs for you...
Job Posting Start Date: 10/29/2018
Description: DURATION: Up to 18 months, renewed quarterly based on business need, performance and budget. Possible conversion to blue badge opportunity.
WORKSITE: 1st preference - RTP / 2nd preference - Richardson (please specify which location your candidate is interested in)
INTERVIEW METHOD: WebEx with Video
XR ROUTING CUSTOMER SERVICE ENGINEER
Cisco seeks a Customer Support Engineer to join some of the industry's brightest minds in supporting today's most advanced Internet technologies. In this role, you will gain insight on the detailed functionality of Cisco products and partner with all distributed elements of the service chain.
The ideal candidate will provide support for cutting edge technologies to service provider and enterprise customers. This is a great opportunity for someone with advanced troubleshooting and highly refined customer support skills to advance their career providing value to customers while working with an industry leader in networking technology. Business impact of this role is major.
- Provide second line phone/email/fax consultation to independently debug complex product problems.
--Provides technical support for XR products such as NCS6000, CRS-1, CRS-3 & CRS-X, ASR9000 and GSR/C12000.
- Provide systems/product training.
- Acts as a focal point for large account network problem resolution.
- Acts as a technical expert in Routing / Switching.
- Provides support on a world-wide basis.
- Works independently, receiving minimal supervision, with no instruction on routine work and general instruction on new assignments
- Typically reports to Mgr, Advanced Services.
- Typically interfaces with lower level CSE's, VARs, OEMs end-users internal engineering departments.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Applies known solutions to solve problems.
- Typically requires BS in a technical field (CS/EE preferred) or equivalent plus 6-8 years related experience.
- Deep knowledge of telecommunication systems and network environments.
- Ability to analyze, use and configure medium and large enterprise/SP networks.
- n-depth Knowledge of Routing Protocols BGP, MPLS, L2VPN, L3VPN, MVPN and OSPF.
- CCIE highly desired.
- IOS-XR technologies and experience in a support structure preferred
- Ability to work independently, as this position only receives minimal supervision with no instruction on routine work and general instruction on new assignments.
- Proven crisis management skills; Consultative communication skills.
* Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
* Working with cross-functional team
* Ability to determine problems and deliver known solutions
* Ability to work effectively with and provide guidance to other members of the work group