- Del Posto
- $31,510.00 -49,030.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
158 8th Ave
Del Posto is looking for SOMMELIER who are committed to creating an unforgettable dining experience for our guests, educate our staff and grow our business.
Del Posto is owned by Joe Bastianich, and Lidia Bastianich. We are also proud members of Relais & Chateaux, have the 5 star award from Forbes, and 5 diamonds from AAA. We are proud of these designations and seek team mates who understand the responsibility it entails to carry them. Particularly of note among our designations was our 2013 James Beard Award for Outstanding Service. Del Posto is also 1 Michelin Star Restaurant.
The Sommelier must have a great personality and be able to communicate with members and guests that might share different levels of wine knowledge and must be able to promote and grow the Wine Program.
Job knowledge and skills (but not limited to):
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role in a fine dining restaurant, NYC Michelin Star Restaurant is a plus; Sommelier Certification recommended;
- Must be passionate about wine;
- Must possess superior people skills;
- The ability to determine wine faults and maintain proper temperatures in order to showcase
- products at their maximum potential;
- A strong knowledge of food and beverage pairings;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Work with entire sommelier staff to educate staff; train team members in order to maximize their understanding of wine specific to their departments and proper service techniques including glassware, pour levels, storage, beverage pairings and the ability to understand guest preferences;
- Develop a training program for all team members to improve their knowledge of wine tasting and wine service;
- Work with all FOH staff to expedite and provide excellent service to all guests; assist members and guests during the lunch/dinner services with wine recommendations and selection for perfect pairing with their meal, decanting of the wine and wine service;
- Ensure that all wine is served in proper glassware and in proper condition;
- Maintain all beverage lists to be accurate, up to date and free of errors;
- Take part in monthly inventory;
- Receive and stock product; Must be able to repeatedly lift and move 50-pound boxes;
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or owner;
- Proper grooming and professional appearance.
We offer comprehensive benefits: medical, dental and vision are offered after 60 days of employment; Paid vacation time and 401K after one year of service; Commuter Benefits are available.
To know more about Del Posto, please visit our websites at:
Del Posto is an equal oppotunity employer.
More detail about Del Posto part of B&B Hospitality Group, please visit
Associated topics: alcohol, bar, beverage, cocktail, drink, drink service, pool, pub bartender, shots, tequila
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...